Classes will commence from January 4th 2021 at River City Sewing. You can book now to get sewing in 2021 and join in the fun we have in-store.
We will continue to add classes as they are finalised, so please check the listing for new and exciting classes coming soon.
We are pleased to announce that a series of Virtual Classes are coming to our River City Creative Hub during 2021.
To ensure that you are kept up to date with the latest virtual classes on offer, sign up to our River City Creative Hub.
COVID 19 Health & Safety Requirements
To protect our staff and community, please do not enter our store:
- if you have COVID-19
- If you have been/are in contact with someone with COVID-19,
- If you have been/are in contact with someone in self-isolation because of possible contact with someone with COVID 19
- are sick or displaying flu-like symptoms
please follow the government guidelines and self-isolate, contact your doctor and follow the Governments guidelines.
- If you are unwell, please do not come to class or into the store. Stay home, keep well and call us so that we can postpone your booking.
Please do not enter our store if you are in any doubt.
Healthy habits in-store:
- All class attendees will be required to bring and wear a face mask. Customers can bring their own mask or a disposable one will be provided if you do not have one.
- All classes must be pre-booked and pre-paid no later than 72 hours prior to the commencement of each class. This applies to all classes, including weekly and regularly scheduled classes & events.
- Only customers with pre-booked and pre-paid seats will have access to our classroom. If you would like to “drop-in for a catch-up” with others in the classroom, why not do that once the class is finished over a coffee or a bite to eat at one of our local coffee shops
- Sorry no walk-ins or holds on seats in any of our classes.
- Bring all your supplies including cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter to avoid touch-points in the classroom.
- Please do not share your sewing materials, supplies or notions with others in the classroom.
- To enable our team to clean and sanitise the classroom between classes please arrive no earlier than 15 mins before your class start time,
- Social distancing measures will be reinforced in the classroom and it is a requirement that all class attendees abide by these practices. Those who do not abide by these guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Every class will have COVID-safe guidelines presented to all class attendees, so please ensure that you are on time to ensure that you are present for this important safety message.
- Sealed water bottles only in the classroom. No food or other beverages in the classroom.
- There is a maximum of 8 spaces per class. Only those customers with pre-paid bookings will be allowed into the classroom.
- All customers entering our store must practice good hygiene, including using hand sanitisers on entry washing your hands and other measures as signed and described within our store
- We recommend all customers download the Australian Government’s COVID Safe app for their smartphone.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry to the store.
- Social distancing measures will be reinforced in the store and it is a requirement that all customers abide by these practices as set down by Qld Health. Those who do not abide by these guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Please do not touch items or surfaces unnecessarily.